Monday, September 6, 2010

Run for the Cure







Usually I wouldn't put something like this on the blog but in this case I am making an exception. I hope I do not offend anyone by doing so.

As some of you may know but most will not, my mother, Connie Holmes, was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last January. She has undergone a mastectomy and endured a spring and summer of chemo treatments. Together as a family we have worked to provide support for my mother through this difficult time. Our efforts will culminate in this year's Run for the Cure where I will be running with my sisters and extended family.

As is part of the Run for the Cure I am gathering donations to support cancer research. I am asking for donations, small or large to be submitted either to me directly or through the office at the OGC. From a toonie to a 20, all donations are welcome and appreciated.

Cancer touches so many of our lives and it is up to us to work together to support those who suffer from it's affects. Even within our tumbling program there are those who are suffering now and who have suffered in the past. Undoubtedly there will be those who will suffer in the future. We will be there for them as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I would like to offer a big thank you to those who decide to donate.

Don

No comments: